VICTORIA INSIGHT MEDITATION SOCIETY PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
The Victoria Insight Meditation Society welcomes the return of in-person retreats.
We also recognize that the COVID-19 virus and its variants are active and we aim to minimize the risk of participants being affected by the virus while attending Victoria IMS retreats.
We ask that all participants read and agree to the Participation Agreement Statements below prior to attending the upcoming in-person retreat. We will ask that you sign a copy of this agreement when you arrive at the retreat. If you are not in agreement, you are welcome to participate through the online option.
Participation Agreement Statements
- I understand that with up to 50 people in attendance it may not be possible to maintain a 2 meter separation while in seated meditation or while moving inside the facility.
- I agree to wear a non-medical mask while moving inside the facility and practicing good hygiene (hand hygiene, avoiding touching face, coughing\sneezing into a tissue or elbow).
- While it is recommended that participants wear a mask given the anticipated number of participants, I agree that participants will have a choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask while seated in meditation and eating in the dining areas.
- I understand the risk of being in contact with other people at Victoria Insight Meditation Society activities during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- I understand that Victoria Insight Meditation Society highly recommends participants be vaccinated and if possible, have received booster shots, however no proof of vaccination is required.
- I voluntarily agree and assume all risk and release and absolve Victoria Insight Meditation Society and its directors, volunteers, and representatives from all responsibility, liability or claims by me, and all claims brought on my behalf, arising from my participation in this activity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To my knowledge, within the last 14 days, I nor anyone I have close contact with, had any in-person contact of any kind with a person who is presumed or confirmed to have an active case of COVID-19.
- I am not experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including but not limited to fever, new onset of cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, chills, unexplained fatigue or malaise, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, new loss or decrease in sense of taste or smell, muscle ache, loss of appetite or headache.
I have read, understood, and will abide by the Victoria Insight Meditation Society COVID-19 Safety Plan Principles and Measures as outlined below.
-The Check-In Desk will be located outside the door of the facility to ensure physical distance.
-Numbers of registrants will be limited to ensure permitted capacity is not exceeded.
– Sanitizer will be provided at the Desk and in common areas within the facility. You will be required to sanitize hands upon arrival.
– Participants will bring their own food, beverages, thermoses and containers for taking home their compostables, recyclables and garbage. A kettle will be available for hot water.
I hereby agree to all the items listed overleaf.