The YMCA Mindfulness Groups offer a free 7-week psychoeducational and support group for young adults ages 18-30 who experience anxiety. Participants learn healthy coping skills, connect with other young people in the community, and get support all in a safe and friendly environment. Programming is supervised by trained mental health professionals.
The group provides a safe, supportive environment where you can meet others who have had similar experiences and includes:
- Educational workshops about anxiety and other mental health related topics
- Practicing evidence-based mindfulness techniques during workshops, a proven tool to help manage anxiety
- An introduction to Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), an evidenced based therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies
- Take-home resources to help manage anxiety in between weekly meetings
- A seven-week YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island gym membership to encourage young adults to manage their anxiety through physical activity
If anxiety is impacting your life and preventing you from doing what you want or need to do, this group can help support you. Join us to learn mindfulness techniques, get helpful tools and resources, and meet other like-minded young adults.
Registration / Information
Attending an information session is mandatory prior to participating in the program. Register for an upcoming information session by emailing us (please include your contact information and birth date).
In 2018-2020 we will be holding Mindfulness Groups at the Downtown and Westhills (Langford) Y locations.
Y Mind Program description and details – https://vancouverislandy.com/