VIMS Council Meeting Minutes
Thursday, February 20th, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Lawrie, Grant, Theresa, Brock, Brian
Absent with Regrets:
- Review and Approve AgendaMotion from Brian to approve.
- Approve Minutes of January 16th, 2014Motion from Theresa to approve.
- Business Arising from the Minutes and UpdatesOnly one person attended the beginner’s drop-in session on February 2nd (Superbowl Sunday).Heather’s retreat was very successful and the feedback was positive. Registration peaked at 85. An average of 58 people attended each day.
- Study GroupTheresa will ask Heather what she wants to do about a possible June session.
- Upcoming retreats
- Brock Brown – March 16thRegistration has begun. A good number of new people have signed up. We still need a sound person.
- Pascal Auclair – April 19th and 20thStill need to organize a ride from the ferry or airport on the Friday and a ride to the airport on the Sunday for a 9:00 PM flight.
- Financial Update – GrantAccount balances as of 2014-01-31:
Chequing 1,774.16 Savings 3,214.41
Heather’s retreat was very close to what was budgeted.
- 2014 BudgetMotion from Grant to accept circulated 2014 budget.
Carried.Motion from Grant to allocate all but a $500 scholarship portion of the discretionary fund to the general fund with intention to revisiting the allocation in June.
- Communications – BruceNo report but everything is fine.
- 2015 RetreatsChristina Feldman is confirmed for March 14th and 15thOther ideas include: Guy Armstrong, Heather, Brock, Margo, Howie Cohn, Adrian Ross, Anna Douglas, a monastic, Pascal, Gary Lang, Rodney Smith, Wes Nesker
- Adjournment9:18 pm
March 20th, 2014
Brock and June’s home