Absent with Regrets:
- Review and Approve AgendaMotion from June to approve.
- Approve Minutes of October 10th, 2013Motion from Brian to approve.
- Business Arising from the Minutes and UpdatesNone.
- Study GroupBruce will talk to John about hosting the session in March.
Theresa will book the studio.
- Financial Update – GrantAccount balances as of 2013-12-01:
Chequing 3,784.31 Savings 4,620.19
Sangha members contributed $117.05 in the dana basket for Typhoon Haiyan relief at the November 24 Sunday night sit. This amount was donated to the Canadian Red Cross Typhoon Haiyan Fund.
Motion from Bruce to buy a quiet clock. Carried.
- Margo’s CourseVIMS Council supports Margo McLoughlin’s proposal to offer a new version of a course she offered in 2013: The Path of Awareness: Awakening Wisdom and Deepening Compassion. Participants of her first course expressed a desire for the course to continue.
Margo will send information to be placed on the website under Mindfulness Related events and for the course to be advertised in the newsletter.
- Communications (Family Dharma Events)Margo McLoughlin and Farheen Haq are proposing to organize family dharma events in early 2014. VIMS Council is not able to sponsor family dharma events at this time given the timing and considerations for the organization.
Margo will be encouraged to send their announcement to Bruce for posting under MIndfulness Related events. Council also agreed that we would include an information item in the VIMS newsletter so that those interested in non-VIMS family dharma events can contact Margo and Farheen directly.
- Nuns’ visit to Victoria Jan 26/27 2014Everything is on track.
- 2014 RetreatsNice diversity of teachers and subject matter lined up.
- 2013 Retreat ReflectionsPeople appreciated social time with teachers.